In the churchyard at St. Edmund’s Church there is the grave of William Watson, who
put the sundial above the church door in 1825. However he also put a 12 foot sundial
on his house in the village. This is one of the largest sundials in Britain.
From the church turn left along the road. The house is a few hundred metres along
the road on the right hand side.
Below is the text from the gravestone which is badly weathered.