Originaly built in 1745-55 as a gloomy sham castle built out of black copper slag
blocks from Reeve's foundry at Crew's Hole. The blocks were made from waste, solving
the problem of disposing of large amounts of the waste produced. Now made into a
pub called "The Black Castle".
"The Black Castle", is in the centre of a trading estate just off the A4 at Arno's