CURIOUS BRITAIN

About Location
Home
Back
Previous Next

HARROLD (Bedfordshire) - Lock-up

Information

A circular stone Lock-up with a conical roof. Used to have a giant padlock (now gone).  It is a 19th century building as confirmed by the Harrold Manor Court Book.  By 1892 the structure was used simply for storage of Lamps and Oil". This was still the case when the Victoria County History was compiled in 1912.

BA01

Location

Near the Market House on a small green.