He is known as Jonah. The statue was brought to Turvey from Ashridge House, Herts
and erected here on 15 April 1844 by John Higgens.of Turvey Abbey. His companion
Eve arrived on the island in 1953. She has a female body with a bearded head
Near the main road. It was originally in the centre of the Mill Pool. It is now on
an island near the mill.