The village was hit by the “Black Death” plague in 1665. It lasted for 14 months
and claimed the life's of at least 260 villagers. The village was cut off during
the time of the plague with people from outside leaving food at a well where the
villagers could collect it. Near the church are several plague cottages. These are
where most of the early victims of the plague had lived. Notices outside the cottages
give information about who lived there and when they died.