CURIOUS BRITAIN

About Location
Home
Back
Previous Next

DEEPING ST.JAMES (Lincolnshire) - Lock-up

Information

Originally built as the Market Cross in the 15th Century. It was converted into the village lock-up in 1819. It had a lamp on the top (as shown in the old photo from the 1980’s) for quite a while. The unsightly lamp was removed during recent major refurbishment, which included the bollards to protect the structure from passing traffic.

LC01

Location

At the corner of Eastgate and Church Street.