There is an original turf maze, 43 feet across, known as Julian's Bower on the hillside. The first record of it is in 1697 but it is probably much older. There is a Victorian replica of the pattern in the floor of the porch at St. John the Baptist Church. It is repeated in a stained glass window in the church. Mazes are associated with the legend of Theseus threading the Cretan Labyrinth to slay the Minotaur. The patterns were adopted by the early church as a symbol of the Christian path to salvation and may have been used for penitential purposes..
To find the maze head up Vicarage Lane from the church. The maze is through a gate on the right, there is a sign showing its location.